Debra Holmes is a very famous detective and all-round remarkable woman, and you were extremely happy when she chose you to join her detective team at "detective.com".
But nothing could have prepared you for the strangeness of the Bananafish.
But let's start from the beginning:
Muriel Glass arrived at the offices of "detective.com", three years after her husband committed suicide. With tears in her eyes she told all of you how she still could not understand what really happened back on the beach in Florida, and in their hotel room. Her only memory was waking up and finding her husbands body, Seymour Glass, on her bed.
She was trying to understand what happened, but all the stories about Bananafish and Negro Sambo, the girls on the beach, Sharon and Sybil... Each left her more confused than the last. She felt she did not even know man she was married to.
Muriel asked for your help and she is willing to pay, as much as it will take. Help her understand what happened there in Florida. Were there clues that lead to the tragic ending? Could she have prevented it from happening?
At the first team meeting, Debra gave you a copy of the story A Perfect Day for Bananafish.
In preparation for the next meeting you should read it and try to understand what was really going on below the surface. Each one of you on this team is an expert in a particular field.
Your mission is a search mission: Use the internet to search for the missing details related to your field of expertise. At the next meeting you will share it with your colleagues and hopefully together you will be able to put together the puzzle pieces and figure it all.
1. Sign up game and get your character. Each character has its own field of expertise.
2. Read the story "A Perfect Day for Bananafish"
3. Gather information from the story in order to understand Seymour, in line with the expertise of the character you were assigned to.
4. Search the internet following the instructions you receive - each in his field if expertise.
5. On the game day participate in the discussion and share with your colleagues what you have found, according to the instructions you received in the game.
Let’s hope that in a week you can already tell Muriel What you have learned about Seymour, and maybe you can help her understand what really happened to him.